- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Outreach and Day Treatment Centre (‘DTC’)/Integrated Community Care Team (‘ICCT’) have an opportunity for a
TEMPORARY, FULL TIME (APPROX. 6 MONTHS)
70 Biweekly Hours – Days (shifts may be subject to change)
SEIU Clerical Hourly Pay Rate: $21.7171 - $23.6780
Day Treatment Centre assists older adults who are having difficulty managing in their own homes and have complex health problems requiring rehabilitation. The goal of the treatment is to help clients attain and maintain optimal physical and psychosocial functioning. The Integrated Community Care Team provides a model of integrated, inter-professional care in the community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process referrals, booking and confirming appointments, as well as maintaining the team’s schedule.
- Greets patients and facilitating an excellent level of customer service throughout the patient’s visit.
- Process payment for non-OHIP funded care
- Liaise with various doctor offices to ensure completion of referrals or other documents requested by the team.
- Prepare daily and monthly reports and any additional reports as requested.
- Organize daily charts and other filing.
- Operates and maintaining the computerized client information system.
- Book client appointments.
- Provide reception, telephone answering services and general clerical and administrative support.
- Provide support for effective functioning of Ambulatory Medical Services.
- Supports team meetings i.e. preparing agenda, circulating material and taking minutes etc.
- Maintains and compiling stats for Ambulatory Medical Services.
- Organize clinic programs, as needed.
- Order and maintaining supplies and equipment.
- Work in close liaison with staff from other departments to maintain accurate information on clients.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary Office Administration – Medical program (i.e. Seneca College) or similar.
- Two (2) years related experience.
- Experience with Meditech (Electronic Health Record)
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- Keyboarding speed of 65 w.p.m.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and scheduling program.
- Willingness and ability to learn all additional necessary computer programs required for this position.
- Knowledge of Meditech an asset.
- Familiarity with a healthcare environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to do OHIP billing.
- Ability to prioritize, organize workload and plan independently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with complex, stressful situations and multiple demands.
Date Posted: September 19, 2019
Closing Date: September 25, 2019
Posting # 19-0588
Position # SCL005
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type