- Tracking Code
- Job Description
HEADER IMAGE (USE THIS FOR SILKROAD)
Hearing Services at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
CLINIC SECRETARY, FULL TIME TEMPORARY
(APPROX. 9 MONTHS)
70 Hours Bi-Weekly – Days (shifts may be subject to change)
SEIU Clerical Hourly Pay Rate: $21.7171 to $23.6780
Hearing Services provided at Baycrest include hearing assessments and the prescription, dispensing and servicing of hearing aids and assistive devices. Clinic Secretary staff play a key role in delivering quality services to clients, interfacing between Audiologists, hearing aid manufacturers and funding agencies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides superior customer service to clients to
- ensure optimal satisfaction.
- Sales: convert referrals to bookings, encourage new referrals, sell hearing devices, products and supplies.
- Process referrals, schedules appointments, maintain team schedule, prepares purchase agreements, processes device orders, payments, shipping and receiving
- Responds to sales and service enquiries
- Responds to customer complaints and directing to Administrative Coordinator as needed
- Assists with hearing aid and assistive device troubleshooting and minor repairs
- Process payments from OHIP, out-of-pocket, ADP, WSIB, and Veterans Affairs.
- Liaise with various doctor offices to ensure completion of referrals or other documents requested by the team
- Prepare daily and monthly reports and any additional reports as requested
- Organize daily charts and other filing.
- Operates and maintains the computerized client information system
- Supports team meetings i.e. preparing agenda, circulating material and taking minutes etc.
- Maintains and compiles statistics for Ambulatory Medical Services
- Order and maintaining supplies and equipment
- Schedules clinical staff, ensuring accurate payroll
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Two (2) years previous experience in sales and customer service, preferably in a health care setting, ideally a hearing aid dispensary
- Ability to accurately perform financial calculations related to invoicing, government subsidies and third party payers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Familiarity with hearing aids or the hearing aid industry an asset
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary Office Administration – Medical program (i.e. Seneca College) or similar
- Post-secondary degree or diploma preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Meditech (electronic health record), ESP (scheduling program), MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to learn specialized software for hearing aid dispensary
- Knowledge of languages, e.g. Yiddish, Eastern European and other languages is an asset
- Keyboarding speed of 65 w.p.m.
- Ability to do OHIP billing
- Ability to prioritize, organize workload and plan independently
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with complex, stressful situations and multiple demands
- Speaking Russian, Hebrew, or Yiddish are assets
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Posting Date: October 14, 2020
Closing Date: October 23, 2020
Posting # 20-0711
Position # SCL001
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type