- Tracking Code
- 20-0680, 20-0681, 20-0682
- Job Description
The Ambulatory Outreach Teams at Baycrest has 3 opportunities for a
FULL TIME, TEMPORARY
(APPROX. 4 MONTHS)
70 Bi-weekly hours – Days, Evenings, Weekend (shifts may be subject to change)
SEIU Clerical – Hourly Pay Rate: $22.0646 to $24.0568
Baycrest’s Ambulatory Outreach Teams are engaged in the influenza immunization campaign across North Toronto. We will be offering flu shot clinics in Seniors Housing Apartment buildings, pop-up clinics in parking lots, and assisting in family physician offices. In this role you will help to canvass people (door-knocking) to see if they want a flu-shot and collect their demographic and other information. During the flu shot clinics you will help to: register patients, distribute information, and coordinate the physical set-up and flow of people. Supported by a large clinical team from multiple organizations your engagement of the population will produce the most successful immunization campaign within all the protections and precautions that prevent transmission of COVID-19.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Canvass citizens by knocking on apartment building doors to offer the flu shot.
- Use your second language (Russian, Mandarin, Tagalog, and Spanish) or a telephone translation service to connect to English-as-a-second-language communities.
- Working in varied locations: hospital, apartment building, clinics, outdoors.
- Light physical set-up on location: moving tables and chairs, plugging in printers, establishing wifi hotspots.
- Process referrals, booking and confirming appointments, as well as maintaining the team’s schedule.
- Greets patients and facilitating an excellent level of customer service throughout the patient’s visit.
- Liaise with various doctor offices to ensure the family physician is notified their patient had a vaccine.
- Video and telephone meetings.
- Data entry on tablets and computers.
- Prepare daily and monthly reports and any additional reports as requested
- Organize daily charts and other filing.
- Operates and maintains the computerized client information system
- Provide reception, telephone answering services and general clerical and administrative support
- Work in close liaison with staff from other organizations to maintain accurate information on clients
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Experience canvassing for donations, election campaigns, or sales.
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary Office Administration – Medical program (i.e. Seneca College) or similar
- Two (2) years related experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma preferred.
- Excellent computer skills. Experience with Meditech (Electronic Health Record), Excel, cloud-based applications, and mobile hotspots.
- Experience in a hospital environment working with elderly clients and their families
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize workload and plan independently
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with complex, stressful situations and multiple demands
- Excellent client service skills
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: October 2, 2020
Closing Date: October 14, 2020
Posting # 20-0680, 20-0681, 20-0682
Position # SCL013, SCL014, SCL015
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type