BSO Coordinating Office Navigator
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Behaviour Support Outreach at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
BSO COORDINATING OFFICE NAVIGATOR, PART TIME
1 Year Contract - Non-Union, 35 Hours Bi-Weekly
This role is a key member of the Behavioral Support for Seniors Program (BSSP/BSO) Strategy) and specifically the Coordinating Office. This role will support three major functions that align with the MOHLTC BSO Strategy. These include: System Coordination, Integrated Service Delivery, and Capacity Building.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as a central clinical point of contact for general BSO inquires functioning as the TC LHIN Behavioural Support for Seniors (BSSP/BSO) Coordinating Office
- Support health care partners across sectors and family members in completing BSO referrals, recommendations and navigation as it relates to clinical components
- Oversees and provides navigation through a screening process through leveraging existing BSO referral pathways
- Utilizes knowledge, skills and judgement needed to provide competent, evidence-based best practice, skills, ability and experience
- Provides sound clinical knowledge and skills, acts as clinical expert and resource with a focus on responsive behaviours and provides comprehensive, quality client/family centred health care services from initial screening and inquiry until discharge
- Facilitates the sharing of educational resources as appropriate and participates in local TC LHIN flow and navigation initiatives
- Oversees content for BSO TC LHIN Mini Website
- Coordinates and accelerates alignment and pathways between LTC In house Leads, Long Term Care Behavioural Support Outreach, BSS Acute Care, Addictions Specialist and Caregiver Supports
- Leads complex care resolution table
- Facilitates and strengthens cross sectoral partnerships to support transitions
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Completion of an Undergraduate degree program in a regulated healthcare Profession (Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Nursing)
- Current registration/licensure in good standing as required by a professional regulatory body.
- Completion of or willingness to complete Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA), P.I.E.C.E.S., Montessori for Dementia Programming etc. preferred
- Minimum three (3) years related experience in geriatrics, community based seniors care and managing responsive behaviors secondary to dementia
- Familiarity with Resident Assessment Instrument—Home Care© (RAI-HC), Cognitive Assessment Tools, Caregiver Burden Scales
- Demonstrates clinical expertise in the assessment of responsive behaviours utilizing a variety of modalities including but not limited to behavioural, cognitive, psychosocial and environmental.
- Demonstrated hands on expertise using with geriatric assessment tools and the ability to discern individualized use of these tools as a means of data gathering.
- Clinical expertise working with individuals, families and formal caregivers who are living with the effects of cognitive impairment and/or mental health conditions.
- Demonstrated excellent clinical-reasoning, critical thinking skills that lead to a robust formulation and assessment of client’s responsive behaviours
- Demonstrated experience in providing psychoeducational counselling to clients and family members.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching formal caregiving staff as well as other health care providers.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: November 27, 2019
Posting # 19-0922
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type