- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Admissions, Discharge and TransferHealth Records department at Baycrest has an opportunity for an
ADMISSIONS CLERK, CASUAL
The AdmissionsHealth Records Clerk reports to the Manager, Health Records and ADT. The AdmissionsHealth Record Clerk is responsible for ensuring all information in the Admissions database is accurate, complete and handled in a timely and confidential manner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform cross-functional duties in ADT and Health Records
- Process the daily inpatient admissions, discharges and transfers
- Process new referral applications
- Information verification with Health Care providers
- Assist and photocopy correspondence
- Telephone calls to complete Application Information
- File of Health Record charts and loose reports
- Data Entry into Meditech documentation system
- Update changes to patient information in Meditech
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks (i.e. mail, filing, answering phones, typing letters, etc.)
- Maintain Bedboard control
- Assemble clinical charts
- Pulling and listing charts for offsite storage
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Medical Office Administration diploma an asset or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of terminal digit filing an asset
- Familiarity with privacy and confidentiality legislation preferred
- Experience with Meditech a significant asset
- Experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Good knowledge of medical terminology an asset
- Good knowledge of anatomy and physiology an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent coordinating, time management and organization skills
- Strong collaborative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work with minimal supervision
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Posting # 19-0923
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type