Administrator, Occupational Health & Safety
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Occupational Health and Safety Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for
ADMINISTRATOR, TEMPORARY PART TIME
(1 Year Contract)
Non Union, 35 hours bi-weekly
The Occupational Health & Safety (“OH&S”) department is responsible for the health, wellness and safety of staff members at Baycrest. The OH&S department, as part of the Human Resources & Organizational Effectiveness division, plays an integral role in supporting staff and achieving Baycrest’s goal of becoming a workplace of choice.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Performs administrative functions, including: answering and redirecting all incoming inquiries to team of health and safety team members; greeting visitors to the department
- Coordinates appointments and schedules meetings, including: booking appointments for departmental activities; reviewing and ensuring completion of new staff Pre Placement Health Reviews, medical testing and follow-ups; organizing staff and other meetings; organizing the schedule of the Manager, Occupational Health & Safety; taking and maintaining meeting minutes (i.e. JOHSC); monitoring incoming e-mails, etc.
- Develops, organizes, maintains and queries electronic and paper filing systems that permit easy reference and rapid retrieval of information and records.
- Provides accurate word-processing support by composing and/or editing a variety of documents, including highly sensitive, confidential correspondence, memoranda, contracts, proposals, presentations, and OH&S data gathering as required.
- Performs functions that support effective and efficient departmental operations, including: maintaining the inventory of office supplies; ensuring an adequate supply of brochures related to Health & Safety office; completing payroll timesheets
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Diploma in Medical Office Administration or recognized equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience in a medical setting preferred
- Previous experience in an Occupational Health & Safety department within an institutional health care setting is preferred
- Previous training and working knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and scheduling programs
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and listening skills
- Ability to organize time, set priorities and multitask in order to meet various competing work, deadlines and continual interruptions
- Ability to work on various computer software systems such as Parklane, Meditech, Empath payroll and Kronos scheduling systems
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: July 15, 2020
Posting # 20-0476
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type