- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Department of Culture & Arts has an opportunity for a
Secretary, Administrative, Part Time - Temporary
35 Bi-Weekly Hours – Non-Union
Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays, Wednesday (mornings)
The Department of Culture & Arts supports a holistic vision of health and wellbeing by delivering arts and cultural programs and services that have a broad focus of enriching the lives of older adults. We are committed to tapping into the creative potential of our residents to improve physical and emotional health and enhance relationships. Also, we sustain Baycrest’s Jewish identity while supporting an inclusive community of care that acknowledges the culturally diverse needs of our non-Jewish clients, families, staff and volunteers. The department oversees Music and Art Therapies, the Morris and Sally Justein Jewish Heritage Museum, an Art Collection, a Creative Arts Studio, and Cultural Programs.
We are seeking a highly organized, experienced administrative secretary to support the department with its administrative activities and office needs. This is a key role in supporting the range of programming and services the Department of Culture & Arts offers. It involves working collaboratively with a variety of Baycrest departments and external partners, requiring excellent interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Covers reception services on behalf of the department
- Supports departmental operations to ensure an effective and efficient operation
- Processes payroll timesheets bi-weekly, accurately and on time
- Processes and tracks all purchases and expenses for monthly reconciliation including petty cash
- Processes purchase requisitions by team, as required
- Schedules meetings and calendars on behalf of departmental staff, as required
- Acts as key member on special events for department such as Jewish holidays and receptions
- Takes meeting minutes for department as required
- Manages orders of office and program supplies
- Handle day-to-day office operations while working independently and with minimal supervision
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Post-graduate education specifically in Administrative Studies or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, and communication skills essential
- Proficient Computer Skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent coordination and time management skills
- Strong collaborative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: January 30, 2020
Posting # 20-0051
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type