- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Marketing & Communications Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for an
TEMPORARY FULL TIME
70 HOURS BI-WEEKLY, NON-UNION, 19 MONTH CONTRACT
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a Administrative Coordinator that will report to the Director, Marketing & Communications. You are an experienced Administrative Assistant able to provide excellent support and coordination for scheduling, budgeting, meetings and general administrative duties. You demonstrate excellent attention to detail, are skilled at multi-tasking, prioritizing and anticipating needs and meeting deadlines. You’re also passionate about marketing, communications and fundraising for an important cause and would welcome the opportunity to put your project coordination skills to work supporting the development and execution of presentations, newsletters, and direct marketing materials.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Calendar co-ordination: Answer and schedule meeting requests and emails where assigned, on behalf of the Director, Marketing and Communications.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Director, Marketing and Communications’ calendar and create a proactive plan to ensure timelines and deadlines are being
- Completes payroll bi-weekly and tracks vacation schedules
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and provides administrative support such as booking of rooms, securing catering, setting up AV needs, preparing and distributing handouts and meeting notes, taking meeting minutes and distributing them in follow up.
- Prepares agendas and coordinates the meeting schedules of working groups, committees, etc.
- Provides tracking of necessary budgets.
- Reconciles Visa statements, invoices and attendance tracking.
- Sources estimates for projects and does cost analysis
- Provides support to the Marketing and Communications team when needed
- Executes the mailings for Direct Marketing which brings in donations that support revenue targets for other teams within the Foundation.
- Assists in the creation of Baycrest publications as needed (writing, research, proofreading, layout in InDesign)
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Related college diploma is required.
- University degree in Marketing and Communications an asset.
- Two years related administrative support experience is required.
- One to three years of experience in marketing, preferably in a not-for-profit or agency setting.
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent proofreading ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to engage easily and effectively with donors and key stakeholders within the organization
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities as required
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of software, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of applicable software programs, i.e. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Publisher, etc. is an asset.
- Photography and video skills are assets
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or equivalent fundraising database.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Posting # 19-0508
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type