- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for an
Administrative Coordinator - Research Training Centre & KL-CARE
70.00 Hours bi-weekly – Non-Union
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier international centre for the study of human aging and brain health. Housed within the RRI, the Research Training Centre (RTC) is a unit focused on the professional, technical, and career development of trainees. The RTC offers a wide range of training offerings including rounds lectures, workshops, scholarship and internship opportunities, outreach events, and conferences. Also within the RRI, the Kunin-Lunenfeld Centre for Applied Research and Evaluation (KL-CARE) is a support-and-services hub that supports point-of-care staff, researchers, and industry in conducting applied, evaluative, and clinical research. KL-CARE offers a diverse set of services, including project management and administration, research design and implementation, analysis and statistical, education and training, and knowledge dissemination.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides support to the RTC including:
- preparation and dissemination of communications about RTC activities using Campaign Monitor
- assistance in the planning and coordinating of RTC events including trainee recruitment and orientation sessions, lectures, workshops, conferences, and outreach events (e.g., event registrations; catering; housekeeping and room booking requests; liaising with other Baycrest departments including Finance, IT, and Facilities)
- support of RTC scholarship and internship competitions (e.g., receives applications; organizes adjudication committees; prepares and distributes award letters)
- track and report RTC metrics including event attendance as well as feedback surveys and reports
- coordination of RTC steering committee and working group meetings and minutes
- Provides support to KL-CARE including:
- coordination of team meetings and minutes
- facilitation of metrics tracking and reporting in collaboration with the Finance team
- Provides administrative support to the Director, Research, Innovation, and Translation including meeting organization and set-up, RRI tour organization, and liaising with internal and external stakeholders
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Minimum – community college diploma and at least three (3) years’ experience at mid-level administrative assistance level
- Exposure to a research or educational environment an asset
- Experience with event-planning and coordination
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and initiate work and follow-up actions
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Excellent MS Office suite skills
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: August 9, 2019
Posting # 19-0487
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type