Reporting to the Manager of Business Services, the Visitor Services Representative carries out the customer service function for the Parks and Culture division. This person uses multiple e-commerce platforms to process transactions, including program bookings, facility reservations, ticket sales, and membership purchases, and contributes to the efficient management of all inventory items. S/he uses superior communication skills to field frequent telephone and email enquiries from customers, employing excellent customer service skills and learned sales strategies to identify, as well as upsell, suitable products and/or services. With intimate knowledge of divisional offerings and a demonstrated understanding of customer needs, the Visitor Service Representative collaborates with fellow team members to develop tactics and tools for enhancing the customer service standard of the Parks and Culture division and driving overall sales.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree of diploma from an accredited institution in Administration, Communications or other relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Three (3) years of progressive experience in customer service and/or customer relations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and show good judgement when handling confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and act as a liaison with internal departments and corporate divisions, as well as with external clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to share information in a clear and accessible way.
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem-solving, creative thinking and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally and courteously with all levels of staff and with public contacts.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office Suite products.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.