Scheduler (Resident Care Clerk)
Social & Community Services
Services for Seniors – Allendale
Scheduler (Resident Care Clerk)
$23.00 - $28.01 per hour (OPSEU 261)
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This position is responsible for scheduling administration and time to payroll adjustments and administration.
Post-secondary education in office administration with at least two years’ experience in office administration is required with an emphasis on payroll and scheduling in a 24X7 long term care environment. Strong computer ability using MS Office is needed along with excellent organizational, analytical, customer service and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment and independently is essential. Minimum of two years’ experience with computerized scheduling/payroll /workforce software in a 24/7 health care setting is required. A good understanding of general accounting practices, experience working in a unionized setting is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
You make a positive difference in people’s lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and you will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs, and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen and a current two-step tuberculosis test (obtained within the past six (6) months) by the first day of employment. Flexibility in work schedule is required as the incumbent will be required to work days and/or evenings and weekends.
· Performs effective and efficient current and future scheduling function of the time and attendance management system for Services for Seniors division.
· Applies and makes manager approved changes to staff schedules in accordance with applicable collective agreements and legislation
· Prepares and posts schedules including completion of daily worksheet based on updated schedule. Receives and inputs staff availability into the schedule
· Prepares and submits bi-weekly payroll
· Completes daily edits in Timekeeper payroll system, including payroll adjustment forms if required.
· Provides regular updates to home management regarding staffing status
· Ensures accurate and timely data entry in to various systems including Time Tech/Timekeeper, Biometric Reader and Excel spreadsheets
· Assists with new employee onboarding or departure including orientation of new employees to scheduling process, software and policies
· Maintains accurate records on employee attendance including registration, immunization, probation, vacation and in-service training.
· Prioritizes and handles multiple work demands using exceptional organizational and problem solving skills, work within strict deadlines; maintain adequate coverage for shifts; and understand and work within legislation and collective agreements.
· Performs reception duties as required (as part of the homes team) , including providing general information to callers and visitors in a friendly and professional manner and redirecting telephone queries as appropriate, and monitoring and responding to emergency protocols such as wander risk.
· Responds to homes change in clinical needs, understanding homes staffing patterns and care needs, as per direction from the home management team, scheduling supervisor or Nurse in Charge as applicable
· Understands and applies Regional policies and procedures, related agreements and legislation i.e. collective agreements, Employment Standards Act, MoHLTC Homes Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board and payroll regulations to scheduling function
· Responds to inquiries, requests, and concerns from staff and management and participates as an effective team member.
· Maintains confidentiality and discretion when processing employee scheduling information.
· Assists with development of documents, reports, statistical information, and schedules.
· Assists staff using scheduling software and explains technical information to users with varying levels of computer experience and understanding
· Participates in continuous quality control activities as required.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
March 13, 2018
December 31, 2018
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job