Number of positions available: 3
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Construction Projects and site-supervision of the Site Supervisor, the Senior Field Staff, Construction Services carries out construction activities on erosion control, slope stabilization, stream restoration, infrastructure protection, park development and other environmental engineering projects. This position requires interaction with the public through relaying information such as trail closures and various types of work taking place that may impact them. Overall this position plays an integral role in ensuring the protection of land and infrastructure in TRCA’s watershed.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum one (1) year of post-secondary education in resource management, restoration ecology, environmental sciences, fish and wildlife management or related field.
- Experience in general construction.
- Experience in operating trucks, power tools, and small equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Knowledge of the Highway Traffic Act.
- Ontario Traffic Manual – Book 7.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with the general public and colleagues in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Ability to utilize various methods of communication on-site with all crew members including heavy equipment operators and various contractors.
- Computer literacy using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Lotus Notes, and TRCA Staff Hub occasionally.
- Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration (CVOR).
- Valid Ontario "G" driver’s licence.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.