Participate in the water safety program of a TRCA aquatic facility. Deliver exceptional natural and cultural experiences for each of our guests. Flexibility to work all shifts, including evenings and weekends, as required. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must hold a valid Standard First Aid/CPR C certificate that is 565 approved. (Lifesaving Society, Canadian Red Cross Society or St. John’s Ambulance).
- Must hold a current lifeguard certification (National Lifeguard Service’s Lifeguard Certificate).
- Certifications must be valid throughout the entire operating season (expiry cannot be prior to September 4, 2017).
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills in all modes.
- Superior customer service skills.
- General computer skills.
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.