Under the direction of the Supervisor, Food Services, this position is responsible for the comprehensive delivery of food service (three meals per day plus snacks) for the Field Centre, which offers educational programs for youth and adults, weekdays and weekends throughout the calendar year.
Responsibilities include the control, preparation and cooking of the meals; the purchasing and inventory control of all food service; budget monitoring; and provide meal service and provision with excellent customer and client service.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent on the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in food service.
- Minimum 2 years’ supervisory experience.
- Food Handers Certificate required.
- Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR required.
- Experience in leading and supervisory of a food service team.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a team environment.
- Understanding of basic hygiene, sanitation and kitchen equipment.
- Ability to multitask and use time effectively.
- Computer Skills required; fluency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Valid Driver’s License and use of vehicle.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.