Contract Duration: 9 week contract position with the possibility of extension.
To provide general labour assistance in a dynamic team environment with the implementation of habitat restoration projects; focusing on native tree, shrub, herbaceous, and bio-engineering plantings. Staff will be exposed to restoration construction projects including wetlands, stream restorations, shoreline enhancements, and meadows. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in biology, environmental science, resource management or a related field and pursuing a career in environmental or related field.
- Knowledge of restoration ecology, aquatic, and terrestrial ecosystems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of native plants and their habitats.
- Demonstrated experience and aptitude for outdoor activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work outdoors in adverse conditions.
- Familiarity with farm and construction equipment, including small tools and larger machinery an asset.
- Chainsaw experience an asset.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Standard First Aid an asset.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license. Class A (R) license / trailer experience an asset.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.