Reporting directly to a Senior Project Manager, Restoration Projects, the Coordinator supports the Managers, Project Managers and Environmental Technologists in project planning, securing approvals, writing procurements and agreements, and preparing reports on restoration projects across TRCA’s jurisdiction. This position has a particular focus on project coordination during the planning phases and reporting on the project once it has been completed. Overall, this position contributes to the Strategic Plan objectives of healthy rivers and shorelines and greenspace and biodiversity.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in environmental sciences or related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience related to major tasks, in one or more of the following fields: restoration ecology, resource management, environmental sciences, fish and wildlife management or related field.
- Knowledge of aquatic and terrestrial restoration ecology, fish and wildlife and habitat requirements and relevant regulatory legislation.
- Experience coordinating projects, including scheduling meetings, creating agendas, recording meeting notes and understanding project budget and financial reconciliation.
- Experience writing requests for proposals/quotations, procurements, and invoicing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent report and proposal writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with software experience (MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Valid Ontario G driver’s licence.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.