The Cleaner is a part time (21 hour per week) position whose primary responsibility is the cleanliness of the overnight dormitory buildings, dining hall, office spaces, common areas and mud rooms at the Lake St George Field Centre in Richmond Hill. This position will also provide back up and support for building, grounds and program maintenance as needed. Lake St. George provides year round overnight and day programs for school groups, corporate groups, community partners and residents. Weekend hours may be required on occasion.
Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility and hiring is contingent to the clearance of a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2 years experience in facility cleaning and/or faclilites operations.
- An understanding of the safe use and storage of cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Ability to operate grounds maintenance vehicles and equipment an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-directed and the ability to work within tight timelines.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills.
- Valid Ontario drivers licence and access to a personal vehicle daily.
- Standard First Aid certification an asset.
- Experience with building systems including HVAC an asset.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.