Contract Duration: 1 Year Contract Position
Under the direction of the Office Manager, Restoration and Infrastructure Campus, the Administrative Assistant, Restoration & Infrastructure position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Restoration Projects staff and the Environmental Monitoring and Data Management staff, primarily with respect to processing vehicle/equipment sheets and invoices, processing new hire/personnel transaction forms for submission to Human Resources, and organizing meetings/events. Overall, this position plays an integral role in acting as a resource to staff to provide a comprehensive delivery of services in order to ensure they have the information and tools to do their jobs well.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Two (2) year College Certificate in Office Administration or related discipline.
- Three (3) years of experience performing office administration support.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and courteously with all levels of staff and public contacts in a client service environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and judgment when handling confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and/or peak period workloads that may extend beyond the normal workday.
- Computer literacy utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Adobe Acrobat, Lotus Notes, and the Internet.
- Valid Ontario “G” driver’s licence.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.