Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time
Faculty/Department: Pilon School of Business
Campus: Onsite at partner organization in either Mississauga or Brampton (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/PT/56
Salary Range: Based on relevant educational qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Details: The Human Resources department maintains a Faculty Pool of resumes for job seekers interested in part-time teaching opportunities at the College.
Sheridan is looking for outstanding individuals to join our faculty team in the delivery of a unique program in the field of Human Resources Management. Working with an external partner organization, Sheridan faculty deliver a 5-week program that assists new Canadians in learning about the Canadian Human Resources sector.
Sheridan seeks part-time professors to join a team of faculty who deliver the program. The successful candidate must meet the following requirements
- Employment Law
- Diversity Management
This position would be ideal for a candidate who is self-employed, semi-retired, or has an extremely flexible working arrangement and who can commit to the delivery format.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Delivering course curriculum in classroom and/or online, which includes ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques
- Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations and incorporating technology into the learning process where applicable
- Collaborating with faculty team to provide a cohesive program across all learning modules
- Being responsive to the third party partner organization, and assisting them in achieving their overall goals for the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required
- Minimum of 3 years related professional experience
- Practical experience in the field relevant to the course you are applying to teach
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development to adult learners or equivalent experience as a trainer in industry preferred;
- Strong network of contacts with other professionals in your relevant field;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.