Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Consideration will be given to qualified internal full-time academic and partial-load employees first in accordance with the Collective Agreement requirements.
Faculty/Department: Pilon School of Business
Employee Group: Faculty
Campus: Hazel McCallion Campus (May be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/F/54
Application Deadline: October 17, 2018
Start Date: January 2019
Salary Range: $63,971 - $110,897 (based on relevant educational qualifications and experience)
Sheridan: Sheridan is a dynamic, innovative and award-winning institution of over 23,000 full-time and 18,500 continuing education and part time students with three campuses in three Ontario cities within the GTA– Oakville, Brampton, and Mississauga. An award-winning institution, Sheridan attracts students from across Canada and around the world. Sheridan’s 170,000 alumni play a critical role in shaping the future of our society in the fields of arts, business, community service, health, technology, and the skilled trades.
In the Pilon School of Business, our faculty have deep industry expertise, inspiring information and a strong drive to provide students with a great education. We have 4800 students across 25 programs offering certificates, diplomas, and degrees. We offer five bachelor of business administration degrees in accounting, finance, human resources management, marketing management and supply chain management. At the Pilon School of Business, we focus on building resourcefulness, potential to innovate and practical skills with the goal of bringing our student’s business careers to life. Our workplace provides a stimulating environment that encourages creativity and innovation, values the diversity of individuals and ideas, and fosters ongoing individual professional development.
If you are passionate about teaching and learning, and interested in creating learning experiences that guide students in the development of their critical, creative and reflective thinking capacity, then you must consider this role.
- Designing appropriate strategies and methods for facilitating digital media related curriculum within courses;
- Ensuring that program media curricula remains current, relevant and reflective of best practices within the advertising and marketing communications industry;
- Developing multi-media materials and alternative delivery strategies for advertising media, and incorporating appropriate educational technologies into the learning process
- Defining, evaluating, and validating learning outcomes for courses and programs;
- Effectively delivering classroom lectures and developing related online learning environments;
- Establishing environments for applied learning which accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Designing appropriate strategies and methods for facilitating and assessing student learning that are invitational and reflective of best practices in teaching and learning;
- Developing appropriate strategies and methods to assess student performance that are consistent with the learning outcomes of the course and address multiple learning styles;
- Professors also ensure that students are aware of course and program learning outcomes, learning strategies and evaluation techniques; and evaluate student progress/achievement within assigned courses.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field required
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in Digital Media planning and buying and selling, including programmatic advertising
- Sound knowledge of current advertising media technologies including Programmatic Buying, Mobile and Rich Media
- Experience in teaching digital advertising media planning and buying in a post secondary environment
- Experience in digital media curriculum development at the post-secondary level
- Experience in training digital media technology in a professional capacity
- Excellent knowledge of Advertising/Media research and analytical tools including familiarity with broadcast/video, print/online and social media measurement databases
- Practical experience in creating blocking charts, designing and presenting media strategy, pre-buys/post-buys, request for proposals, media POVs, some experience with industry-specific software (both generating and analysing the information such as Infosys+, comScore My Metrix, Clear Decisions, etc.)
- Strong network of contacts with other professionals in the Advertising and Media industry
- Excellent working knowledge of word, power point, excel, and other industry standard communication tools
- Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrable ability to effectively facilitate learning with a broad range of students
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.