Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Faculty/Department: Library & Learning Services
Employee Group: Academic
Campus: Hazel McCallion Campus(May be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/F/48
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
Application Details: This is a Sessional Position until Friday November 30, 2018
Start Date: Monday September 17, 2018
Salary Range: $62,717 - $108,723 (based on relevant educational qualifications and experience)
Reporting to the Manager, Library Services, the Liaison Librarian, Faculty of Business’ major responsibilities involve building relationships with faculty and staff, developing and implementing instruction on information literacy and e-learning initiatives, and advancing the strategic goals of Library and Learning Services and Sheridan. The position also provides reference help and contributes to the development of related services. There is exciting work to be done and Library and Learning Services seeks a dynamic, experienced librarian to join us.
Specific responsibilities include
- Working closely with faculty, students and staff to provide proactive business research support and innovative information literacy instruction across all business programs;
- Actively developing and maintaining productive partnerships within the Faculty of Business and the Sheridan community;
- Delivering personalized services to the Faculty of Business, including exceptional reference and research consultations;
- Working collaboratively with faculty and library colleagues to integrate information literacy and research skills across curriculum;
- Contributing creative ideas for outreach activities and programming;
- Providing guidance to all full and part-time library support staff on business research and information sources;
- Monitoring trends in business, technology and related disciplines in order to provide excellent service;
- Contributing information and advice about user needs towards ongoing planning and development, in order to provide leading edge Library Services;
- Staying abreast of current and emerging technologies and developing marketing, outreach and reference services through the use of these technologies;
- Providing general reference services in all disciplines individually and at the service desks, as well as specialized reference/research services;
- Actively working with the User Education Coordinator and User Education team to continually develop the Library instruction program;
- Participating in development of references services, information literacy and e-learning policies;
- When required, provide input in the selection of new resources based on analysis, need and suitability;
- Providing guidance to all full and part-time support staff at the Mississauga Campus Library;
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate will have a Master’s degree in Library Science or Information Studies from an American Library Association accredited institution and three years professional library experience. A university degree from within the disciplines of Business or relevant expertise in business librarianship is considered an asset. Preferred candidates will be those who have proven current knowledge of information technologies and their application within libraries, working knowledge of financial and business information resources, knowledge of trends and issues in academic libraries and higher education. Demonstrated experience in the delivery of reference services and in information literacy is required. The successful candidate will embrace an entrepreneurial approach to academic librarianship and demonstrate initiative and the ability to respond easily to shifting priorities and a diverse workload. Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving, project management, and communication skills are required. The successful candidate will have demonstrated understanding of good practice in teaching and learning and proven effectiveness as an instructor in a variety of settings and formats. Other requirements include the ability to effectively manage a wide variety of responsibilities and projects and to be adaptable within a variety of professional contexts, while working in a customer service, team oriented, environment. Travel between campuses will be required.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.