Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Support Staff
Faculty/Department: Office of the Registrar
Campus: Davis (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/S/91
Hourly Range: $26.57 - $30.81
Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Application Details: This is a temporary replacement position that may continue up to February 11, 2019
Incumbent supports the customer service business model for Sheridan by providing information and advisory services. Investigates student financial aid history and provides information to current students, potential students, parents/other third parties and alumni regarding current status of applications for financial assistance (Ontario Student Assistance Program and all internal and external scholarships, bursaries and awards) and receipt of funds from these sources to offset charges to students’ accounts. Advisory role to assist students, potential students, parents and other third parties to make decisions regarding financial assistance eligibility and application criteria.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Providing immediate, accurate and Sheridan program specific information related to fee payments, withdrawals, Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) information, general administrative concerns (e.g.: housing, parking, mobile leasing, etc.) and the application and interpretation of college policies;
- Responding to a wide variety of inquiries from the general public, students and staff for all programs;
- Providing immediate, sound and accurate advice to students regarding types of financial assistance available;
- Investigating and resolving process anomalies and managing conflict with clients who are experiencing financial crisis;
- Entering data using the Student Information System (SIS) and the Ministry on-line system;
- Accepting and preparing forms, receipts and documentation according to Sheridan Departmental or Ministry policies;
- Disbursing financial assistance in the form of grants/bursary cheques to students who have applied and qualified for financial assistance;
- Forwarding information and payments to Financial Services;
- Forwarding information and refunds for OSAP students to the National Student Loans Service Centre;
- Maintaining a high degree of currency in their area of expertise and in the technology that relates to their function (i.e. OSAP AS-400 on-line system and College SIS technology as well as up-to-date information about OSAP programs, College programs, standards and policies);
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess a 3-year diploma/degree in the field of public relations, communications, accounting, business, or a related field, along with 2 years of practical experience in a public relations or customer service role in a busy service environment processing a wide variety of transactions (or a relevant combination of education and related work experience). Demonstrated experience balancing or handling large volume of financial transactions on a regular basis is also required. The incumbent must be proficient with MS Office applications (i.e. Excel, and Word). Experience with PeopleSoft Information System, Ministry on-line Financial Aid system, and previous work in an educational institution will be considered an asset. The successful candidate will have exceptional customer service and communication skills along with well-developed and proven organizational and multi-tasking abilities. A sound mind for finances is also essential.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.