Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time
Faculty/Department: Faculty of Animation, Arts and Design
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/PT/66
Hourly Range: $26/hour plus 4% vacation
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The position is in the Faculty of Animation, Arts and Design, but will network with Sheridan’s Digital Marketing, Communication teams, and Creative Campus Galleries teams. This role is responsible for effectively supporting Faculty of Animation, Arts and Design social media platforms, newsletters, blogs, and webpages. Additional responsibilities include leading special projects that may showcase the work of students in co-ordination with Creative Campus Galleries curatorial team.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Content creation for blogs, social media platforms, web pages, newsletters;
- Covering events periodically during evenings;
- Monitoring social media channels and community conversations;
- Delve into analytics;
- Work effectively with faculty, students and other departments across campus to lead special projects to showcase art across Sheridan campuses;
- Solicit, compile, and tag visual assets of student and faculty work for archiving;
- Other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma/degree in marketing, communications or computer/web related fields.
- Three to five years’ experience in industry
- Knowledge of CMS software, design layout software a plus
- Passionate about social media, creative projects and Sheridan College.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.