Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time (Student Position)
Faculty/Department: Conference Services (Ancillary Services)
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/PT/67
Hourly Range: $14.00
Hours: Varies, primarily evenings and weekends
Number of Positions Available: 6
The Conference Services Department is looking for six reliable and responsible current Sheridan students to provide beverage and customer service at various events during the 2018-2019 Academic Year. This is a part-time, occasional employment opportunity; shifts will be scheduled based on your availability and distributed fairly amongst staff.
As a Bartender with Conference Services, your responsibilities include:
- Interacting with guests, taking orders, preparing alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages;
- Checking customers’ identification to confirm legal drinking age;
- Stocking and replenishing bar with inventory or supplies to ensure it is fully equipped with tools and products needed;
- Complying with Smart Serve regulations during events;
- Maintaining accurate cash drawer and being accountable for any discrepancies in starting and closing counts;
- Identifying problems to maintain a safe environment for all patrons; following procedures and regulations when refusing service or removing guests;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
- Smart Serve Training and Certification (you will be asked to provide a copy of your certification);
- A positive attitude, excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Previous bartending or serving experience considered an asset
- Basic knowledge of beer and wine varieties considered an asset
- Knowledge of the Liquor Licensing Board of Ontario Acts considered an asset
- Access to a car and possession a valid driver’s license considered an asset, but not necessary
Interested in this opportunity?
Apply online at https://careers‐sheridancollege.icims.com.
Six positions are available and will remain open until filled.
For more information, please contact Conference Services firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.