Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Support Staff
Faculty/Department: Advancement and External Relations
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/S/108
Hourly Range: $28.71 - $33.28
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Details: This is a temporary replacement position that may continue up until March 20, 2020.
Reporting to the Manager, Alumni, the Alumni Coordinator is responsible for alumni communications, research, relationship building and data management. He/she manages the online presence for the Alumni Office on the Sheridan website and various social media platforms; publishes and deploys the digital alumni magazine, newsletters, e-blasts and event invitations; identifies newsworthy alumni, makes first contact to engage graduates and celebrates their success online, and; cultivates and maintains relationships with graduates to increase engagement and ultimately convert them to ambassadors, volunteers and donors to Sheridan. This position is the main interface with, and manages, the alumni database which is used to track graduates and analyze engagement. Independently, and in consultation with other units at Sheridan, he/she coordinates the alumni presence at internal events, including, but not limited to, convocation, graduation fairs, orientation, open house and year-end grad shows. The Alumni Coordinator provides administrative support to the Manager, Alumni and acts as the receptionist for the Alumni Office. He/she also provides support to internal and external members of the Sheridan community as it relates to alumni initiatives.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Publishing content on the alumni websites and social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram) including publishing articles, photos and other alumni related information
- Identifying, developing and implementing campaigns to promote events, programs, benefits and services
- Researching and utilizing the alumni database to track graduates and analyze engagement
- Building, maintaining and managing relationships with alumni including sharing Sheridan news with alumni on an ongoing basis and personally extending invitations to alumni to attend events
- Initiating, coordinating and delivering alumni presence at internal events (e.g. graduation fairs, orientation)
- Organizing the Alumni Office’s participation in Sheridan’s Convocation ceremonies
- Providing superior customer service to Sheridan’s alumni and affinity benefit providers by facilitating requests for information and assistance
- Providing administrative and finance support for the Alumni Office and Manager, Alumni
- Performing other duties as assigned
- 3 year diploma/degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, or related field and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in professional marketing and communications; coordination of special events, and use of social media for professional purposes required (or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience)
- Experience with MS Suite products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and web content management tools required
- Ability to operate various technical applications, such as Site Core, Emma, Spredfast, Hootesuite and web research tools required
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Raiser’s Edge, journalism background and Sheridan alumni status preferred
- Familiarity with Alumni and Development initiatives, as well as the other national alumni affiliations, preferred
- Sound knowledge of office procedures, excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to maintain confidentiality required
- Proven proactive problem-solving, conflict resolution skills, the ability to work independently and as a member of a team, excellent communication, interpersonal skills and attention to detail required
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.