Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Faculty/Department: Ancillary Services
Employee Group: Administrative
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan Campus)
Reference Number: 18/A/73
Hiring Range: $53,922 - $57,293
Salary Range: $53,922 - $67,403
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Details: This is a temporary replacement position that may continue up until September 27, 2019.
Reporting to the Director, Ancillary Services, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for administrative functions related to operational support of the Director and the Ancillary Services department.. This includes: fielding inquiries, liaising with internal and external contacts, scheduling, organizing and expediting workflow and meetings, financial, budget and HR transactional administration, internal/external communications, information tracking/records management and coordinating various logistics and activities. This role is also responsible for projects such as web portal development and maintains databases for programs, initiatives, policies, contracts etc., as applicable. Due to confidential aspect of work, considerable discretion and judgement is required.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Acting on behalf of the Director as appropriate and escalating matters when necessary;
• Providing a wide range of administrative support to the Director and the Ancillary Services departments;
• Coordinating all scheduling (calendars, appointments, travel arrangements) for the Director;
• Preparing a variety of correspondence such as letters and reports;
• Reviewing and assessing communications (e-mail, mail, faxes and voicemail), notifying the Director of any material requiring attention/action and resolving any matters on own initiative, as appropriate;
• Coordinating meetings and events, including: logistics, agendas, documentation, minutes and communication of action items; attends meetings, as requested on behalf of the Director;
• Developing and maintaining department web pages;
• Coordinating daily operations for shuttle service and is first point of contact for Sheridan community;
• Responding to internal and external inquiries on a range of issues for the department;
• Initiating and undertaking special assignments by researching and analyzing data, collecting information and preparing reports;
• Preparing and submitting purchase requisitions/invoices/expense claims on behalf of the Director and the department and ensuring payment; approving within purchasing/signing limits;
• Performing other initiatives and activities as required.
• The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• 3 year diploma/degree in Business, Office Administration or a business related field and a minimum of 5 years related experience in an administrative position, preferably within a post-secondary environment (or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience).
• Strong web development (SITECORE) training or have direct experience with web related software, web page design, HTML and graphic applications preferred. Must have advanced proficiency in MS Office
• Possess business acumen and have experience with budgets, revenue generation, profit and loss.
• Well-developed organizational, planning, project administration skills and research skills via web.
• Effective interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and conflict resolution skills are integral to the role.
• Possess a high level of professionalism, discretion, diplomacy, tact, resourcefulness, sound judgment and flexibility.
• Ability to calmly and efficiently handle a demanding workload, with changing and conflicting priorities and have the ability to develop collaborative work processes and effective teams.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.