Click Apply Now if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
|Title||Senior Manager, Academic Services & Campus Systems (Contract)|
|Position Overview||Reporting to the Dean for the Faculty of Communication, Art and Design (FCAD) and Seneca@York Campus Principal, the Manager, Academic Services & Campus Systems is responsible for providing academic and administrative leadership and direction to the faculty, staff and students in the Faculty of Communication, Arts and Design|
S@Y Scheduling office
· Manages the S@Y Scheduling office and provides leadership, direction and supervision to office support staff and campus schedulers to ensure all necessary activities in support of S@Y academic programs are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
· Provides performance management through effective recruiting, selection training and developing, motivating, evaluating, assigning and coordinating work of both full-time and part-time staff.
· Continuously reviews the current processes and procedures to ensure constant improvements.
Faculty Planning and Resource Allocation
· Working with the Dean, responsible for participating and leading the strategic planning and budgeting process for the faculty, forecasting and monthly monitoring of operational budgets.
· Leadership role in the budget process and responsible for tracking, allocation and procurement of Academic Capital for FCAD.
· Supports the Dean & Chairs by providing trend analysis of historic actuals to support the budgeting process.
· Works with the Academic Chairs to ensure the objectives of the programs and courses offered by the Faculty are attained through effective resource distribution, workload assignments and student support services.
· Participates in short and long term academic and resource planning and provides oversight and management of all scheduling activities for faculty.
Communication and Campus Liaison
· Oversees scheduling for all the schools at the S@Y campus, which includes managing the schedulers who create the regular timetables, exam schedules and room bookings and works closely with the Campus Principal to identify improvements required for S@Y Campus.
· Works closely with the S@Y SSF to ensure smooth communication and mutual support
· Responsible for managing special projects as required, such as new retention initiatives, new FCAD website, new marketing materials etc.
· Minimum completed four (4) year degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Education or Accounting & Finance (Audit). If education is in another field of study, state how it is related.
· Minimum five (5) years’ progressive experience in an educational environment; and practice in establishing policies and procedures in support of continuous improvement is required.
· Previous experience with new program development, program quality procedures, fiscal planning, budgeting, and purchasing is also desirable.
· Previous management experience and demonstrated project management skills.
· Excellent working / application knowledge of a College Administration or Scheduling System (i.e. ARIES, or Infosilem), a student registration system (i.e. SIRIS), and a web-based Content System are required, along with advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Working knowledge of program quality standards in the province of Ontario (as well as new program proposal protocols and external bodies is an asset.
· Demonstrated business writing, communication, analytical, problem-solving, conflict resolution and judgment skills.
· Previous experience in presentation and database software applications is desirable as well as experience pulling reports, budgeting and analyzing using Hyperion, PeopleSoft and Budget Display.
|Required Date||ASAP to May 3, 2019|
|Posting Date||September 11, 2018|
|Closing Date||September 23, 2018|
Click on “Apply Now” below. Applications must be submitted online by the closing date and must include a covering letter and resume (as one document) in Word or pdf format.
Note: A skills assessment may be administered and proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents will be required at the time of interview.
Seneca College is committed to diversity and encourages applications from qualified candidates, especially aboriginal persons, members of sexual minority groups, visible minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.