Click Apply Now if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
|Title||Regional Business Development Manager, Latin America (Contract)|
The Regional Business Development Manager acts as an International Student Recruiter for Seneca College. The successful candidate will speak Spanish and travel primarily to the Americas. The incumbent implements strategy and tactics for their region with respect to marketing, sales and customer services for international student recruitment, partnership development and contract training. The incumbent regularly visits their region(s) to attend promotional events such as education fairs, school and agent visits. The Regional Business Development Manager develops an Annual Business Plan in collaboration with the Director, International Recruitment, Latin America, Brazil, Caribbean, Europe, Middle East & Africa with detailed indicators for results in order to maintain and when possible grow the business activities in the region. The incumbent provides input and assistance in setting targets for the Annual Business Plan and manages direct international advertising, promotion and marketing efforts ensuring the College maintains high visibility throughout target countries in the region.
The Regional Business Development Manager, oversees the relationship building activities in business development and seeks international linkages in the region. The incumbent is always looking out for opportunities for Seneca in the region based on our defined and agreed upon strength programs (which could be different from region to region in the world). In order to achieve this, the Manager has to constantly monitor training & education developments in the region.
· Executes the international student recruitment plan for the region.
· Spends about 1/3 of the time in the region’s countries, attracts qualified non-Canadians into full time post-secondary diploma, degree and post-graduate programs, by implementing the annual recruitment plan, techniques and strategies set in coordination with the Director, International Recruitment, Latin America, Brazil, Caribbean, Europe, Middle East & Africa while using appropriate promotional material distributed in a comprehensive and timely manner (education fairs, agency visits, school visits).
· Manages the follow up with prospects/leads and new agents’ inquiries in a timely manner to ensure optimum conversion and customer service.
· Designs a marketing strategy for their region in coordination with the Director, International Recruitment, Latin America, Brazil, Caribbean, Europe, Middle East & Africa.
· Ensures that the limited financial, human and physical resources are used effectively by exercising sound planning and business practices.
· Evaluates their region(s) by tracking data, travel expenses, marketing investments, student and agent numbers to assess the success of annual recruitment efforts. This data will provide evidence for strategic objective suggestions presented to the Director, International Recruitment, Latin America, Brazil, Caribbean, Europe, Middle East & Africa who will design the overall recruitment strategy by region.
· Minimum completed three (3) year diploma in Arts, International Business, Marketing or related field. If education is in a related field of study, state how it is relevant.
· Minimum one (1) year experience living/working in the Americas.
· Minimum three (3) years’ experience assessing educational systems in the Americas, including evaluating credentials and grading practices in different countries in the region.
· Experience working in international settings, demonstrating superior interpersonal and customer skills, while interacting with diverse multicultural groups.
· Ability to engage in frequent long distance international travel is a must.
· Second language required: Spanish fluency in both written and verbal (Portuguese an asset).
· Demonstrated problem solving, conflict resolution, decision making and leadership skills.
· Demonstrated reliability, consistency, tenacity and strong business ethic.
|Required Date||October 15, 2018 to July 10, 2020|
|Posting Date||August 7, 2018|
|Closing Date||August 20, 2018|
Click on “Apply Now” below. Applications must be submitted online by the closing date and must include a covering letter and resume (as one document) in Word or pdf format.
Note: A skills assessment may be administered and proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents will be required at the time of interview.
Seneca College is committed to diversity and encourages applications from qualified candidates, especially aboriginal persons, members of sexual minority groups, visible minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.