|Title ||Project Management Specialist (7 Month Contract) - 2 Positions|
|Job ID ||18S-1065|
|Division/Department ||Information Technology Services|
|Job Classification ||Support|
|Job Type ||Appendix D|
|Position Overview ||Reporting to the Manager, Project Management Office the incumbent is responsible for the overall direction and coordination of assigned projects to ensure tasks are scheduled and executed to achieve a successful outcome, within the scope, timelines, and budget. |
|Responsibilities ||Project Planning and Execution |
- Builds project plans as defined in the Project Management Office policies, standards and procedures by defining the Project Charter, Scope Definition, Work Plan, and Schedule (assignments, timelines, milestones, deliverables).
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day tracking, progress and issue resolution aspects of project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team prior to hand-off, coordinates deliverables reviews and quality control (validation tests) activities, and manages and performs regular assessments on issues and risks.
- Effectively applies the Project Management Office policies and procedures throughout the project life cycle.
- Change Control: revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Prepares the required Change Request forms and coordinates the request via the Project Administration Office.
- Facilitates a post-mortem review of successes and lessons learned for each completed project.
- Facilitates requirements planning for projects; schedules and leads regular project status meetings, documents, and tracks results.
Administration and Support
- Tracks and reports team hours and produces a report to present to the Project Administration Office.
- Participates in the review process for Project Administration policies and procedures, evaluates the current practices, and recommends opportunities.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored according to policies and procedures for improvement.
- Obtains sign-offs and approvals on project deliverables.
- Prepares close-out and lessons-learned reports for each completed project, and reports and facilitates project reviews (plan/actual).
Project Metrics and Documentation
- Assesses performance and provides foresight into performance of individual projects, and measures projects’ performance against performance baseline and the output of forecasting models to determine projects’ health.
- Identifies bottlenecks to a project and takes necessary action, plans and performs measurements, and produces performance statistics.
- Works with Senior Executes as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications ||Education |
- Minimum completed 3 year diploma/degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems. If education is in a related field of study, please state how it is relevant.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification in good standing is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in a Project Management role within an IT environment, and a proven track record of managing multiple projects.
- Experienced in a formal System Development Life cycle (SDLC) methodology and working knowledge of ITIL principles.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present to large audiences.
- Prepare reports and detailed documentation, work with a focus team from various business and technical backgrounds.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to mitigate team conflicts and negotiate resolutions, and escalate when appropriate.
|Hourly Wage Rate ||Payband J: Start rate $36.42, Maximum rate $42.22|
|Weekly Hours of Work ||37.5 hours (overtime as required). Monday to Friday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Posting Date ||August 10, 2018|
|Closing Date ||August 19, 2018 (External)|
|To Apply ||Click on “Apply Now” below. Applications must be submitted online by the closing date and must include a covering letter and resume (as one document) in Word or pdf format. |
Note: A skills assessment may be administered and proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents will be required at the time of interview.
Seneca College is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, especially aboriginal persons, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.