Length: Temporary Part-Time (for approximately 12 months)
Department/Division: Community Services/Seniors’ Services
Hours of Work: 31.75 Hours Bi-weekly – 6:15 a.m. – 2:15 p.m./2:45 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
Cidermill/Woodside Pattern: (Week 1) Sun, Tue;
(Week 2) Tue, Wed, Sat
Union: Unifor Local 1106
Wage: $21.26– $22.54 per hour
Location: Sunnyside Home, 247 Franklin St. N., Kitchener
Closing Date: September 20, 2018, 9:00 a.m.
Description of Duties:
Prepares and portions residents’ meals in dining rooms, per residents’ dietary profiles.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of reading, writing, math, food preparation skills, and safe food handling practices, normally acquired through a Grade 12 education, completion/enrollment in a Food Service Worker Certificate program, current Safe Food Handling Certificate, plus related experience.
• Knowledge of Regional and Divisional policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• A tuberculosis (TB) test and annual influenza immunization are required.
• Communication and interpersonal skills to respond pleasantly and professionally to demands; interact with staff, residents, and families and have a basic understanding of the geriatric population; and participate as an effective team member.
• Organizational, time management, and problem solving skills to work independently, adhere to schedules, prioritize tasks and complete work in a timely manner.
• Ability to make accurate mental calculations (e.g., portion sizes, number of dishes, preparing beverages).
• Ability to read and understand policies, procedures, and instructions (e.g., resident diet profiles, work assignments, product labels, menus and menu modifications, temperature charts). Ability to complete forms, requisitions, temperature checklists, and record information in the communication log book.
• Ability to work shifts, weekend hours, and statutory holidays, as scheduled.
• Must provide an acceptable Police Vulnerable Sector Check (level 3).
• Ability to support and project the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date Sep 20, 2018 quoting competition number 2018-1862, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Click here to view the job description pdf file.
The Regional Municipality of Waterloo,
Human Resources Department
150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor,
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4J3