Job DetailsBilingual Public Health Nurse (Posting #CHFTPHN-0718)
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Bilingual Public Health Nurse to work on the Child Health team in the Healthy Living division at 50 King Street, London. Under the direction of the Manager, Child Health, the incumbent will:
- Work collaboratively with schools, communities, groups, families, and individuals to enable them to enhance their health and prevent disease;
- Provide nursing care, programs, and services in school-based settings using a comprehensive school health model;
- Provide health education and health promotion services in elementary school environments to individuals, families and target groups;
- Maintain related records, documentation and statistics;
- Prepare reports as required, and in accordance with established standards and procedures; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited nursing program (BScN).
- Current certificate of competence from the Ontario College of Nurses (CNO).
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication & presentation skills.
- Proficient technical skills in the areas of documentation, Microsoft Office, & database software.
- The ability to communicate (written and verbal) fluently in both French and English.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and own transportation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the elementary school system and school health.
- Preference will be given to those with detailed knowledge of Comprehensive School Health, Foundations for a Healthy School Framework, and health promotion models.
- Previous experience in planning, implementing and evaluating healthy school initiatives would be preferred.