Hamilton Conservation Authority (HCA) currently has the following casual 50-week employment opportunity:
Heavy Equipment Operator / Truck Driver
The position is part of our Capital Projects division undertaking all designated capital works for HCA with a focus to ensure safe facilities/trails, enhance revenue generation abilities and maintain infrastructure. The position is part of a 7 member team. The employment term is 50 weeks with possible renewal.
- Operation of Heavy Equipment such as bull dozers, backhoes, excavators, skid-steers, rollers, mini-excavators etc.
- Landscape construction tasks are also undertaken such as trail development, laying sod, utilities installation (sewer, water, hydro), operation of various types of light landscape/construction equipment such as farm tractors, small loaders, mowers, post hole augers, compactors, concrete saws, jack hammers etc.
- Operation of heavy trucks and floats, including light dump trucks (standard or automatic transmission) within our Authority for the purpose of hauling aggregate, topsoil, fill, or garbage debris to and from our parks or other HCA owned properties.
- May include operating the HCA sewage truck in absence of its regular driver.
- Additional duties as assigned to assist the team effort.
- High school diploma is required along with a valid DZ driver’s license(AZ Preferred) and knowledge of safe working practices.
- Applicants should possess 5+ years of operator experience (Heavy Equipment Certification an asset) in a construction/landscape setting as well as knowledge of common construction/landscape practices.
- Applicants must demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to work independently
- Must be available to work on evenings, weekends and holidays as required during our busy season throughout the parks
- Must enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Able to lift up to 50+ lbs. on occasion
- Other certifications such as; Fall Arrest, First Aid, and Man-lift would be an asset.
- The successful candidate will be asked to provide a driver’s abstract at their own cost
Heavy Equipment Operator/Truck Driver will be based out of Millgrove works yard located at 594 5th Concession West Millgrove; however, most hours will be spent at other Conservation Areas undertaking construction projects. Working hours are normally 7:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday with a half-hour unpaid lunch, totalling 80 hours per two week, on a casual basis. Some overtime and flexibility to work hours on weekends and evenings will occasionally be required. This is a classified as a casual position, working up to 50 weeks per year as required with potential for annual renewal based on business needs and performance.
This position reports to the Construction Foreman.
Hourly rate ranging from $17.50 to $25 and based on experience. 4% vacation pay will be added to each pay.
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and resume in PDF or MS Word format via email or fax by 4pm November 15, 2017 to:
Rob Gray, Capital Projects Manager
Hamilton Conservation Authority
838 Mineral Springs Road P.O Box 81067
Ancaster, Ontario L9G 4X1
Email: email@example.com (Please include job title in email subject line)
Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to inform Human Resources for any disability required accommodations in advance.
Comments are closed.Apply for this job