Employment Opportunities: Christie Lake Seasonal Staff
Join our team and contribute to the environment and your community.
Work in a fun, outdoor environment!
We offer training for all positions. Openings are for weekends and possibility for weekday hours. Positions for immediate start through to the end of October, with possibility for extension.
Opportunities available at Christie Lake Conservation Area
Click positions below for more information.
Maintenance staff are required, with various levels of skills and experience. These positions assist in the maintenance of the grounds and beach areas, including collecting litter, cleaning washrooms, cutting grass, operating small power equipment, including weed-whips, leaf-blowers and pressure-washers. A few positions will also involve trail maintenance, where background with tree-pruning and forestry is preferred. Starting rate is minimum wage.
Duties include collecting park admission, engaging customers and visitors with information on our annual vehicle pass, boat and canoe rentals and general public relations. Attendants are responsible for handling money, tickets and cards, therefore, quick and accurate transactions are required to maintain our high service standards. Starting rate is minimum wage.
Applying is easy! Please complete our MS Word application form, save and send as an attachment, and/or your resume and cover letter to any of the parks listed below, indicating the position of interest. You may also choose to FAX the completed application application.
Christie Lake Conservation Area
Attn: Cari Hobbs, Superintendent
Due to the volume of applications and resumes received, we are able to respond only to those applicants selected to attend an interview.
Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ELIGIBILITY FOR NEW AND RETURNING EMPLOYEES
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted to attend that interview at the conservation area/park/facility to which you applied.
- If you are away at school, a telephone interview may be arranged.
- Please ensure you have indicated a contact number on your resume where you can be reached during the school semester, as well as an alternate contact number. We also ask that you include your email address, if you have one.
- Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to inform Human Resources for any disability required accommodations in advance.
- A Social Insurance Number will be required at the time of hire.
- A void cheque or a direct deposit form completed by your bank for payroll purposes (direct deposit) will also be required upon hire
- You must return all required paperwork and online safety training to the park where you have been hired by the first day of work; otherwise you will not be able to start