Talent Acquisition Assistant
Human Resource Services
Talent Acquisition Assistant
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a temporary full time position working 35 hours per week for up to 12 months from date of hire.
This role supports the talent acquisition team through a full-cycle recruitment process, in a high-volume recruitment environment.
The ideal candidate will be required to possess a post-secondary education in Human Resources or Business, with a minimum of three years’ experience in a recruitment environment. This role requires an individual with a commitment to customer service with excellent oral and written communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders. The ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask, manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines and maintaining high quality standards is required. Comprehensive experience with MS Office Suite, Recruitment Management Systems software, and web recruitment tools is required.
There will be the occasional need to work outside of core business hours. Some travel within Halton Region required. Incumbent must supply their own transportation.
· Posting of employment opportunities on various career sites.
· Assist in the pre-screening of candidates.
· Manage all logistics related to interview scheduling and prepare interview materials.
· Administer and score testing/assessments.
· Conduct reference checks.
· Prepare offer letters.
· Support the onboarding process.
· Maintain competition files, database of interview questions and assessments.
· Liaise with candidates, ensuring a positive candidate experience throughout the recruitment process.
· Assist in maintaining an external candidate pipeline.
· Participate in the development and administration of post-secondary recruiting initiatives.
· Coordinate and represent the Region at networking events, conferences and job fairs.
· Assist with the coordination of the Region’s summer student and intern hiring programs.
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of talent acquisition practices and resources.
· Participate on interview panels as required.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
August 10, 2018
August 15, 2018
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job