Supervisor, Healthy Living
Supervisor, Healthy Living
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full time position working 35 hours per week.
Reporting to the Manager, Healthy Living this position will provide leadership, supervision and support to a multidisciplinary team of professional staff including Public Health Nurses, Registered Dietitians and Health Promoters. This team is responsible for planning, delivering and evaluating public health programs and services. Initiatives range from population health approaches such as education through social media to services targeting populations with higher needs.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences or an Applied Science with an emphasis on health promotion, health communication, and community mobilization, and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a public health environment. A minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience and a Masters degree in health, administration or other relevant area is preferred. An equivalent amount of education and experience will be considered.
This role requires:
- Strong knowledge of public health, determinants of health and the legislation and mandates governing public health including the Health Protection and Promotion Act
- Knowledge and skill in health promotion, disease and injury prevention, behaviour change, policy analysis, developing, implementing and evaluating program plans as well as project management, change management and stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge and understanding of the standards of practice for Registered Nurses and Registered Dietitians in Ontario, and Health Promoter Competencies
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to lead, coach, influence and motivate staff with political acuity
Flexibility in working hours is required as there may be periodic meetings and functions outside of regular business hours. Periodic travel within Halton and Ontario is required and incumbent must supply their own transportation. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen by the first day of employment.
· Provide supervision, support, and performance management to Healthy Living staff to support achievement of team goals
· Recruit staff in collaboration with Healthy Families management team
· Participate in divisional and program planning, and lead team planning
· Analyze service levels and performance indicators to assist the Manager in evaluating program efficacy
· Develop and implement necessary policies, procedures, protocols incorporating evidence-informed practices
· Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of services/projects
· Oversee quality assurance regarding team performance and professional practice
· Provide consultation for staff members in relation to assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation
· Participate on divisional, departmental, interdepartmental, corporate and community committees as required
· Monitor team budget under direction of Manager
· Manage staff in a unionized environment
· Perform other duties as assigned
August 3, 2018
August 17, 2018
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job