Manager, Immunization Services
Clinical Health Services
Manager, Immunization Services
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full time position working 35 hours per week.
Reporting to the Director, Clinical Health Services, this role leads a multi-disciplinary team of health and administrative professionals in managing the Immunizations Services program. This role manages the enforcement of the Immunizations School Pupils Act (ISPA), the school-based immunizations program, vaccine depot/distribution, panorama records management, as well as the development and implementation of programs and policies, including long range planning and evaluation that aids in the achievement of program goals and objectives.
The successful candidate will be a member in good standing with a regulatory professional body and Master’s degree in nursing, health administration or a health related field is strongly preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or CQI training is a strong asset. The candidate will also have at minimum six (6) years of experience in a public health environment, experience with immunizations or vaccine preventable diseases, is strongly preferred. This role requires strong knowledge of inventory supply management best practices, clinical and professional standards, including broad knowledge of public health, human services and determinants of health. Extensive knowledge and experience with legislation and mandates governing public health is required, including ISPA. Knowledge of management theory, leadership, and change and dispute resolution is required along with strong project management skills including report writing and program planning. This role requires demonstrated written and verbal communication skills. Interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, coach, influence and motivate staff along with political acuity are required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Flexibility in working hours is required as there may be periodic meetings and functions outside of regular business hours. Incumbent must supply their own transportation. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen by the first day of employment.
· Manages the development and implementation of programs and policies related to Immunizations Services
· Develops and leads through significant Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives
· Lead the expansion and enforcement of ISPA initiatives
· Ensures best practices are adhered to and are in accordance with provincial guidelines.
· Manages human resources including within a collective agreement environment and ensures consistent application of the collective agreement.
· Ensures effective allocation of human resources to maintain program delivery standards.
· Ensures service delivery targets set by the province are met, including monitoring including immunization wastage rates & coverage rates.
· Responsible for program priority setting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and makes necessary changes based on new or changing legislation.
· Identifies priorities based on need of residents.
· Develops or revises program policies and procedures to align with provincial changes.
· Develops and manages budgets in order to ensure program priorities are met.
· Collaborates and manages relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including responding to inquiries from public, Regional Departments and ministries.
· Works with internal and external stakeholders in the development of new initiatives including nursing informatics and technology solutions to support immunization services.
· Develops and maintains relationships with Policy Integration and Communications, Information Technology and other corporate partners.
· Rotational on-call responsibilities.
August 1, 2018
August 15, 2018
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job