Water Services-Water Treatment Maintenance
Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
This position is being offered on a permanent full-time basis working 35 hours per week.
Degree in Reliability, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or related Engineering program or Industrial Trades diploma with a valid Certificate of Apprenticeship from the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities are required. A minimum of three to five years SAP Plant Maintenance module experience in either municipal treatment plant maintenance or manufacturing is required. Advanced working knowledge of planning and scheduling and reporting with the SAP Plant Maintenance module and an ability to lead in terms of good practice is a must. Must possess a good understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act. Excellent written and oral communication, problem solving, priority setting, customer service skills are required. Must have the ability to lead in a team environment and liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders. An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current, original and acceptable Criminal Records Check (obtained within the past six (6) months) and a copy of their driver’s license and a driver’s abstract by the first day of employment.
· Coordinate the planning and scheduling processes to sustain equipment reliability through leveraged individual trade capacities, customer requirements and material availability.
· Support a progressive maintenance culture through provision of maintenance plans and schedules targeting equipment availability and optimizing equipment reliability on an ongoing basis.
· Ownership of the SAP Plant Maintenance module as it relates to the planning and scheduling process.
· Coordination of weekly and shutdown maintenance planning and scheduling with operations and team supervisors.
· Plan/Schedule maintenance activities, including any other function participating in the shutdown, such as Engineering, Utilities, Operations, and Contractors etc.
· Collaborate with regulatory bodies, Corporate, operational and trade partners to provide all required data and plans as required.
· Liaises with department staff, vendors and contractors to ensure that all new equipment is accurately identified, relevant data is collected and updated into the database within appropriate timeframes.
· Develops policies and procedures to facilitate asset renewal strategies, Key performance measures, and reliability standards.
· Identifies database functionality upgrades, enhancements, and master data changes.
· Ensures lifecycles plans are maximized and equipment-related maintenance activities are captured, maintained and updated in the lifecycle model/database.
· Ensures that all equipment have the optimum maintenance strategies that meets or exceed the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) guidelines.
· Updates SAP equipment database and makes the necessary modifications to the asset register, master data, preventative and predictive plans as required through optimization or capital changes.
· Reviews the performance of all assets by manufacturer, make, and model to ascertain reliability and overall performance and provides assessment on the competitiveness of the service.
· Provides feedback and recommendations for updated Approved Equipment List (AEL), equipment specifications and for the Product Review Committee.
· Reviews and provides comments on all SPDM equipment lists to ensure conformance with latest make and model of equipment.
· Incorporates the Ministry of Environment (MOE), Ministry of Labour (MOL) and Drinking Water Quality Management System (DWQMS) requirements into the Maintenance Program.
· Prepares financial and reliability analysis reports and supports lifecycle decisions and daily management systems.
· Visits work sites to confirm work scope, resource requirements, and operational considerations to develop accurate plans and schedules.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
October 9, 2018
October 23, 2018
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment. Questions about the job application process can be directed to the contact to the right:
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job