Life Enrichment Therapist
Social & Community Services
Services for Seniors – Allendale
Life Enrichment Therapist
$29.37 - $35.73 per hour (OPSEU 261)
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a temporary full-time position working 35 hours per week, up to sixteen (16) months. Resident home area(s) as assigned.
Reporting to the Life Enrichment Supervisor you will participate as a member of the Life Enrichment Team and provide recreational, therapeutic, educational, spiritual and cultural programs and psychosocial support programs for residents.
A degree or diploma in Recreation with an emphasis in Gerontology as well as two years’ experience in planning and implementing senior’s recreation programs are required. Certification in CPR-Basic Rescuer, Montessori Certification, GPA and experience working with volunteers are considered an asset. Incumbent must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a thorough understanding of the Residents’ Bill of Rights as set out by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. Basic computer skills are required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
You make a positive difference in people’s lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and you will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs, and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence,
Integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen and a current two-step tuberculosis test (obtained within the past six (6) months) by your first day of employment. The incumbent must be eligible to obtain a class ’F’ driver’s license in order to operate recreation vehicle. Flexibility in work schedule for evening and weekend work is required.
- Plans, organizes, implements and evaluates one-to-one, small group and large group social, cultural, spiritual, educational, therapeutic and recreational activities for the residents including regular and special events.
- Provides assistance to individual residents and their caregivers in need of supportive intervention.
- Assists care team volunteers in understanding the particular needs of residents and caregivers.
- Completes resident assessments, develops individual program objectives based on findings, monitors progress and documents accordingly in care plans and progress notes. Communicates resident participation and progress at care conferences.
- Assists volunteers and placement students with recreation programming.
- Assists residents in maintaining independence in the activities of daily living.
- Ensures safety and security for residents.
- Ensures the confidentiality of all resident information.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
August 9, 2018
August 16, 2018
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job