Integrated Management Systems & Quality Assurance – Halton Region Laboratory, Burlington
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted
This is a permanent full time position working 35 hours per week.
This role provides administrative and technical support to Laboratory Operations.
The successful candidate will possess a Chemical or Environmental Technician Diploma/Certificate along with at least two (2) years’ experience working in a laboratory setting. Knowledge of laboratory procedures and regulatory requirements are required. Administrative and organizational skills are necessary in order to ensure continuous flow of laboratory operations and to perform routine lab tests. The incumbent must be detail-oriented, and possess excellent analytical, communication and time management skills along with excellent customer service and team work skills. Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and other computer software programs such as MS Word, Access and Excel would be an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Co-ordinate laboratory activities by following sampling calendars and schedules, and liaising with clients.
· Assist Laboratory Analysts by preparing samples for testing (i.e. Sample reception, login, labeling, storage, and disposal).
· Provide administrative support such as sub-contract management, supplies/chemical ordering and receiving, and maintenance of laboratory filing system.
· Provide laboratory quality control support by validating all data entered into the system by the Laboratory Analysts.
· Provide support for Laboratory Operations by performing the routine lab tests required at the time of sample reception.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
August 2, 2018
August 16, 2018
Halton Region is pleased to accommodate applicants who have a disability. Please inform Human Resources at
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job