Hydraulic Modeling Specialist
Infrastructure Planning & Policy – Hydraulic Analysis
Hydraulic Modeling Specialist
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full-time position working 35 hours per week.
It’s an exciting time to join Halton Region!
Over the next 10 years the Region will be investing $2.9 Billion into water, wastewater and transportation infrastructure. We are looking for dedicated, forward thinking and enthusiastic individual to be part of the team that provides modeling and technical expertise regarding water and wastewater hydraulics. Our commitment is to deliver high quality infrastructure for the residents, businesses and visitors to Halton Region.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Hydraulic Analysis, the Infrastructure Network Analyst is responsible for operating, maintaining, and calibrating the Region’s water or wastewater models (InfoWater Suite & InfoWorks ICM) to provide hydraulic analysis expertise for the planning, design, and operation of the Region’s linear infrastructure and pumping stations within the water distribution or wastewater collection system in Halton.
The successful candidate must possess a degree or diploma in Environmental Studies/Sciences or Civil/Water Resources Engineering and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience in municipal water and wastewater hydraulic modeling. A Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) designation is required along with registration with the Professional Engineers of Ontario or a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) designation and registration with the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technologists and Technicians (OACETT). In-depth experience and expertise with InfoWater Suite (including extended period simulation) and InfoWorks ICM modeling software is required. The successful candidate must possess excellent communication, presentation, project management and technical writing skills along with strong analytical and problem solving skills. Strong computer skills and experience using database and analysis software is required (i.e. SCADA, Microsoft Access and Excel, ArcGIS). Experience with other hydraulic modeling software (e.g. InfoSewer, SWMM) or hydraulic transient analysis software (e.g. Hammer, InfoSurge) is a strong asset. In depth knowledge of civil and environmental engineering, water or wastewater system operations, system performance, and monitoring technologies is desirable. Ability to use built-in scripting programs (i.e. JScript, Python, VBScript, SQL) is a strong asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Operate the Region’s water or wastewater models and apply engineering expertise to analyze and evaluate the technical performance of the water distribution or wastewater collection system.
· Maintain the Region’s water or wastewater models to ensure the accuracy of system infrastructure network by identifying and addressing any information gaps and issues.
· Calibrate the Region’s water or wastewater models on a regular basis based on various water or wastewater system performance monitoring programs and reports in Halton.
· Provide expert input into the Region’s water or wastewater hydraulic modeling manuals and update the relevant processes, procedures and documentation on a regular basis for management approval.
· Review development applications and assess the system capacity and provide a timely response for internal and external requests for comment.
· Provide modeling and technical expertise regarding water and wastewater hydraulic analysis to support the capital works and operational improvement and optimization.
· Project Management with internal stakeholders and external consultants for special projects in Hydraulic Analysis group.
· Provides input into Water and Wastewater Master Plans, Annual Monitoring Reports and Allocation Program for internal stakeholders.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
September 28, 2018
October 26, 2018
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job