Social & Community Services
Services for Seniors – Allendale
$21.44 – $22.72 per hour (OPSEU 261)
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
There are two (2) permanent full-time positions working up to 40 hours per week (07:30-15:30). Resident home area(s) as assigned.
Must have successfully completed or are enrolled in a Food Service Worker training program at an established college or registered private career college in Ontario. One year of related experience in a kitchen and/or servery is essential. Good organizational and interpersonal skills are required. The incumbent must be team oriented, possess effective communication skills and have a genuine desire to work with the elderly. Must have an understanding of the Residents’ Bill of Rights and Compliance Standards as set out by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
You make a positive difference in people’s lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and you will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs, and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen and a current two-step tuberculosis test (obtained within the past six (6) months) by your first day of employment. Physical requirements include lifting, pushing and pulling.
· Provides respectful, courteous, pleasant and individualized service at all times, provides “homelike atmosphere” by getting to know the residents names, diets, consistencies, likes/dislikes, observes eating patterns, communicates concerns to Registered Nurse and Dietitian, Supervisor.
· Re-thermalizing menu items.
· Responsible for the finished quality of all products.
· Responsible and accountable to all aspects of food safety, departmental procedures regarding sanitation and food preparation.
· Performs cleaning, dishwashing and setting up dining room, accountable for microbial tests conducted on servery, dining room equipment or surface areas.
· Transports food wagons and dish wagons to and from servery. Picks up supplies and products from production, checks quality, rotates stock on hand, and discards outdated products.
· Trains co-workers.
· Supplies special events or functions as per requisitions.
· Provides required documentation for all audits, food usage sheets, and ensures that any relevant information regarding the residents or the servery operation is passed on in writing via the communication book to the appropriate person.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
October 10, 2018
October 17, 2018
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job