Building Operator II
Legislative & Planning Services
Asset Management – Post Inn Village Long Term Care Facility
Building Operator II
$22.39 - $23.73 per hour (OPSEU 261)
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a temporary full-time position working 40 hours per week for up to 6 months.
The successful candidate must possess a Secondary School Graduation Diploma with at least two (2) years of related experience. Familiarity with building systems, equipment and fixtures is required. Experience with computerized building automation systems is preferred as is BOMA Certification (Systems Maintenance Technician). Knowledge and use of tools is essential. Must possess an understanding of or the ability to learn and comply with the Residents’ Bill of Rights and Compliance Standards as set out by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen and a current two-step tuberculosis test (obtained within the past twelve (12) months) by the first day of employment. Travel will be required; incumbent must provide their own transportation. The incumbent will be required to provide a copy of their driver’s license by their first day of employment. Must be able to perform all the necessary physical tasks associated with the position and be available to perform evening, weekend, and holiday stand-by/emergency call-ins on a rotational basis.
· Maintains and/or inspects all on-site Plumbing, minor Electrical, and HVAC systems.
· Conducts regular tours and inspection of building systems, resident areas, common areas, grounds and performs repairs associated with the maintenance of the facility.
· Operates all heating, cooling and air handling equipment.
· Operates the computerized building automation systems.
· Advises the Building Operations Supervisor, in writing, of supply requirements and parts shortages.
· Completes all paperwork and maintains all records as outlined in the Policies and Procedures.
· Interacts with Residents when required and promotes a safe, comfortable and well maintained environment.
· Works as part of the operations team.
· Responds to emergencies in accordance with established Policies and Procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
October 9, 2018
October 23, 2018
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.Apply for this job