Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Developing and delivering appropriate curriculum in English for Academic Purposes programming
- Incorporating a variety of teaching / learning strategies to meet student needs
- Evaluating student progress / achievement
- Participating in program and college activities as required
- Participating in program revision and renewal activities as required
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment
- Successfully completed a three year postsecondary degree in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to education TESL Canada Standard 2 or equivalent
- Teaching and Training Adults certification
- Experience teaching at a postsecondary level and / or adult training experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same in their students
- A commitment to life-long learning
- Experience in some or all of the following: curriculum development, a variety of delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office Suite
- Computer literacy with a Learning Management System / Web Delivery Software (i.e. Blackboard) and a Student Information System would be considered an asset
These positions are open until filled.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.