Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Delivering courses in the Denturism program
- Developing and delivering appropriate curriculum to meet course objectives
- Incorporating a variety of teaching / learning strategies to meet student needs
- Evaluating student progress / achievement
- Participating in program and college activities as required
- Participating in program revision and renewal activities as required
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment
- A diploma in Denturism from a college recognized by the Denturist Association of Canada
- Must possess and maintain current registration, in good standing, with the College of Denturists of Ontario (CDO)
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- A minimum of five years’ practical experience examining patients, and designing, constructing and repairing removable dentures
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- A commitment to life-long learning
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same in students
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in some or all of the following is an asset: curriculum development, alternate delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies
- Teaching and Training Adults certification and / or experience in a teaching or training capacity is an asset
The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of Professional Liability Insurance.
This position is open until filled.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.