Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
Reporting to the Manager of Health & Wellness Clinics, the incumbent is the first point of contact for the Oral Health Clinic that is open to the public. This position also provides support, as required, to a number of other health care clinics (i.e. Acupuncture Clinic, Spa and Esthetics Clinic, Speech Hearing and Language Clinic, and Massage Therapy Clinic). In addition, the incumbent is responsible for a wide range of administrative / clerical duties and provides student / program support and assists with clinic promotional and recruitment activities. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as first point of contact / reception for clients, visitors and students by answering inquiries and providing information regarding clinic services
- Scheduling client appointments ensuring maximum bookings by reviewing waiting lists and contacting clients to fill gaps
- Greeting clients for their scheduled appointments and reviewing / completing privacy consent documents
- Processing client payments, tracking and collecting outstanding accounts receivable and cash float, and handling finance day end processes
- Diffusing difficult client situations or referring situations to the Manager of Health & Wellness Clinics as required
- Maintaining accurate client databases (i.e. Accuro and Milano)
- Communicating and maintaining privacy protocols to meet legislative requirements in a health care environment
- Providing general clerical support to the clinic
- Supporting and guiding students during their rotation in the front line reception role
- Assisting with recruiting clients for clinic services
- Assisting with planning and implementing clinic promotions
- Developing and maintaining statistical reports related to clinics and programs as required
- Successfully completed a two year postsecondary diploma in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to office administration, medical administration, or secretarial studies
- Three years’ front-line customer service experience preferably in an oral health setting (i.e. dental office, denturist practice, etc.) where duties included scheduling client appointments and providing general clerical support
- Computer skills and experience using a client management software (preferably Accuro and Milano) and the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Experience with financial processes (i.e. processing payments, tracking accounts, etc.)
- Demonstrated communication (oral & written), customer service and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to work non-traditional hours (evenings and weekends)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and apply privacy protocols and standards appropriately
- Experience as a dental assistant would be an asset
This position is open until filled.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.