Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates, communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY REPLACEMENT POSITION FOR A BARGAINING UNIT EMPLOYEE. Terms and conditions of
employment are as outlined in the Support Staff Collective Agreement.
Reporting to the Manager, Client Services this position is responsible for developing and expanding the college’s ONEcard program.
- Project and implementations (vendors/services) which includes:
- Leading the requirements gathering, testing, documentation and implementation of the ONEcard Program for the college; works with technology vendors to document process and system requirements
- Creating, executing and documenting test plans for systems / integration with Banner and other technology.
- Working with internal stakeholders (purchasing, legal, marketing etc.) to ensure program documents (cardholder agreement, marketing materials etc.) are appropriate and relevant
- Initiating meetings with external vendors to expand the program, implement hardware/software required and conducting testing
- Identifying risks or gaps when vendors upgrading software/hardware and when Georgian upgrades Banner to ensure integration continues to work
- Creating and delivering presentations (GCSA, internal stakeholders, external partners etc.)
- Participating as a team member or taking leadership of project teams to support ONEcard in the planning, implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement of the ONEcard functions
- Operations and Financial Coordination which includes:
- Setting high customer service standards by providing an optimal client experience
- Demonstrating ONEcard applications to clients / vendors (basic, intermediate or advanced level) depending upon the needs
- Creating reference guides and delivering overview of the system / process both internally and to external vendors
- Providing assistance for ONEcard hardware and software applications, in collaboration with IT, following guidelines and troubleshooting procedures
- Participating in and supporting activities related to testing of new ONEcard procedures and new applications
- Working closely with accounting for reconciliation, vouchers, budget coordination and tracking
- Answering calls and monitoring the ONEcard email account, investigating issues to ensure cardholder and vendor issues are properly resolved
- Monitoring and executing monetary transactions at POS stations, verifying financial data for invoices, reconciliations, disputes and refunds
- Issuing student ONEcards
- Coordinating activities to provide effective and efficient services during start of term, and other special projects.
- Resolving customer queries in a professional, friendly and accurate manner
- Identifying trends in inquiries and incidents and achieving pre-set targets measuring service quality & effectiveness against appropriate benchmarks
- Assisting as needed in areas of the Welcome Centre office during peak periods, including customer queries, telephones and emails
- Coordinating and ensuring that the information flow to and from the front-line for ONEcard services is current and up-to-date at all campus locations
- Equipment which includes:
- Coordinating routine maintenance and administrative tasks, analyzing ONEcard data and forwarding recommendations for improvement
- Monitoring supply levels and advising Manager when orders are required
- Ensuring office machines (card printers, camera, bank terminal, cash register, photocopier, fax) contain supplies and ready for day-to-
- day operations
- Coordinating and managing ONEcard loaner/rental equipment including transporting equipment between campuses as required
- Preparing reports for Managers, departments and vendors as required
- Accepting electronic payment for ONEcard related items and executing operating procedures
- Marketing which includes:
- Working with the Manager, Senior Integrated Services Officer and Marketing to drive traffic to ONEcard website using social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest etc. and to update ONEcard website as required
- Encouraging students to use self-help opportunities and informs of services available outside of regular business hours
- Investigating new products / tools and collecting and tracking transactions related to ONEcard operations to produce month end statistics for management review
- Providing direction to ONEcard clerk and Student Ambassador on processes, tasks and set priorities accordingly
- Successfully completed a three year postsecondary diploma in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to business or office administration
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within the financial services or related industry
- Experience in basic accounting, MS Office, problem solving a wide variety of technical issues in conjunction with IT
- Proven computer experience and skills in MS Office and social media with the ability to learn new programs
- Experience developing and delivering demonstrations or informal instruction
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and conflict resolution skills with the ability to work under pressure and respond effectively in difficult / sensitive situations
- Organizational and time management skills to handle multiple responsibilities and meet conflicting deadlines in an environment prone to interruptions
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and as part of a team to achieve targets
- Proven mathematical skills to monitor accounts; experience with financial reporting
- Knowledge of credit / debit card office operations and payment processing are an asset
- Experience with a student information system (preferably Banner) is an asset
- Ability to travel and work non-traditional hours as required
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.