Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Information Technology Security Management and Consultation including:
- Acting as the College’s subject matter expert on Georgian’s response to Information Security trends, vulnerabilities and threats
- Maintaining policies, procedures, standards and guidelines
- Evaluating and recommending new information security technologies and countermeasures against threats to information or privacy
- Leading regular security and data privacy reviews, assessments and audits
- Developing, maintaining and testing the cyber incident response plan
- Assisting with IT application and system development projects including identifying gaps in existing security infrastructure to meet project requirements and provide solutions
- Developing vulnerability assessments and penetration testing for the college’s networks and sensitive information systems through qualitative risk analysis and conducting functional and gap analysis
- Developing data privacy requirements and safeguards to aid various college-wide programs, projects and initiatives
- Administrative Management including:
- Providing leadership and supervision to staff including work priorities / assignments and approval of staff scheduling
- Administering human resource management duties (i.e. staff performance reviews, hiring. team building and conflict resolution, etc.)
- Conducting first level investigations to resolve disputes involving staff and managing staff through review and evaluation of work-in-progress, development of work plans, skills and professional currency plans
- Participating and supervising the preparation and recommendation of detailed budgets with cost estimates and establishes and maintains budgetary control for the security function including procurement
- Privacy including:
- Overseeing and directing the privacy function within the college (i.e. freedom of information requests, FIPPA, and PHIPA) ensuring compliance with appropriate legislation
- Security Training including:
- Developing and delivering security awareness and training programs
- Successfully completed a three year postsecondary diploma / degree in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to computer science or information security
- Recognized industry certification (i.e. CISSP, CISSLP, GIAC ) or other security certification at a similar level
- Nine years of progressive Information Technology experience
- Proven experience managing staff and / or leading diverse people through project management
- Proven practical experience in the Information Security Architecture field
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of security architecture best practices, standards and frameworks
- Professional communication skills both oral and written with the ability to negotiate through persuasive techniques
- Proven experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols and application security
- Knowledge of network and web relate protocols (i.e. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Knowledge and understanding of enterprise computing environments including MS Server 2012, 2016, Linux, distributed applications, networking, VMWare, Hyper-V, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory
- Understanding of nextgen Firewall software, IDS, IPS, virus protection and encryption
- Experience with vulnerability scanning and mitigation utilizing Nessus or a similar tool
- Ability to travel occasionally between campuses and respond to emergency security threats outside normal working hours if required
This position is open until filled.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.