Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Strategic Management and Consultation which includes:
- Developing and maintaining short-term and long-range systems planning goals and strategies
- Taking responsibility for the currency, security, planning, design, acquisition, implementation and integration of digital technology
- Ensuring effective integration with existing applications and data; reviewing capacity of hardware to ensure suitability for use with software and recommends upgrades or acquisition / expansion strategies proactively to address identified needs
- Providing advice, training, and support to staff on use and application of system software
- Providing direction and assistance to other managers regarding system processes, reporting, and system integration
- Preparing information technology business cases, impact analysis and application specifications
- Conducting or overseeing needs analysis, feasibility studies, cost / benefit analyses of requests for web applications, information systems or related applications
- Providing information to College staff regarding opportunities to improve efficiency and customer service through deployment of digital technology
- Administrative Management including:
- Developing departmental goals and objectives, establishing / implementing policies and procedures
- Developing administering, monitoring, and directing the budget activity for the department or special projects and provides estimates / forecasts and progress reports as required
- Ensuring quality control by establishing and ensuring adherence to standards in analysis, design, development, coding, security, backup and data restoration
- Providing leadership and supervision to staff by determining work priorities / assignments and approval of staff scheduling
- Managing staff performance, hiring, team building and conflict resolution
- Attending meetings and sitting on committees including research, presentations and business case development as required
- Project Management including:
- Determining user needs, and proposing systems solutions based on requirements
- Developing, coordinating and maintaining project control processes
- Providing expertise in evaluation and acquiring software packages form external vendors
- Playing a central role in project planning and implementation from design / prototype phases through to system roll-out
- Selecting project teams and providing project leadership to unit staff / project teams / vendors /system analysts / consultants
- Digital Systems Development including:
- Providing technical leadership for the college’s information and digital systems development and support environment
- Leading the provision of technology services for the design, construction, implementation, and testing of systems in such areas as: software application development, support and standards, end user support, and quality control standards development
- Providing expert technical knowledge and leadership to management and staff related to the delivery of IT projects by multiple project teams comprised of IT staff and / or external contractors, including all areas of project design, development and implementation
- Program Specifications including:
- Preparing functional specifications representing detailed user requirements, systems or database change control and systems maintenance
- Preparing the corresponding system design specifications encompassing process descriptions, database / file design and administration, systems and program logic, operating characteristic and human interface
- Successfully completed a four year postsecondary diploma / degree in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to computer science, information technology, project management and information management science
- Demonstrated commitment to stay current in the field
- Seven years of progressive management experience, supervising staff, managing budgets, leading projects, conflict resolution, relationship management and strategic planning
- Proven experience managing staff and / or leading diverse people through project management, presentations and facilitating
- Demonstrated skills in the following: needs analysis and proposal writing, contract management, customer relationship management, conflict resolution, team building, risk management, Microsoft Project and Office Software, It Security Planning and implementation, It Systems Change Control, Systems Development Life Cycle, Systems Analysis, Enterprise Information Architecture Planning, Application and Data Architecture Planning and Business Process Re-engineering
- Professional communication skills both oral and written with the ability to negotiate through persuasive techniques
- Ability to travel occasionally between campuses if required
The position is open until filled.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.