Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Providing operational management of the Field Placement office including establishing processes, procedures and guidelines to streamline the field placement process
- Managing and supporting field placement opportunities for students in Human Services and Community Safety programs including problem solving and providing direction to the Placement Officers in determining field placement aligning opportunities with program standards and/or accreditation requirements
- Supporting enrolment management through the determination of organizational capacity for field placement opportunities in the Human Services and Community Safety programs (existing and future)
- Collaborating with academic program staff ensuring the needs of students and placement partners are met including developing, maintaining and implementing processes, tracking and reporting systems for each student’s placement
- Determining the organizational requirements for field placement software to meet current/future needs and acts as the main contract for such software
- Building relationships and outreach with new and existing partners to support the operational activities of the Field Placement Office
- Ensuring the alignment of regulatory requirements related to placements are documented, communicated and adhered to with affected parties
Management of Direct Reports and Budget:
- Providing direct supervision to the support staff within the Field Placement office and is responsible for the functions within the area that support the academic process and student success (e.g. implementation of curricular processes as per policies, ensuring quality customer service is provided by all staff)
- Maintaining a high level of staff performance through effective recruiting, selection, training, developing and evaluating of support staff
- Overseeing the resolution of issues and disputes involving Field Placement staff including monitoring and evaluating performance, coordinating faculty input where appropriate, recommending and implementing action plans to effectively deal with the issue
- Planning, developing, and monitoring schedules for support staff assignments to meet the needs of all field placements each semester across a variety of programs, placement sites and campus locations
- Promoting professional development opportunities for all staff, following up on mandatory training requirements for staff – i.e. Health and Safety, AODA
- Ensuring appropriate orientation and training programs take place for staff prior to attendance at placements
- Planning, developing and monitoring field placement budgets to ensure all operational objectives and targets are met including purchase orders and reconciliation
- Assisting the Dean with community events, special projects/initiatives and representing the campus on College wide committees
- Successfully completed a three year postsecondary diploma / degree in Human Services or in a relevant field of study
- Five years’ relevant experience in a similar leadership role preferably in a multi-unionized environment
- Experience in field placement including the coordination of work integrated learning activities within an academic / community setting is required
- Financial management experience including developing and managing budgets
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills (including conflict resolution, performance management, project management, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to build and cultivate relationships
- Computer skills and experience in Microsoft Suite
- Organizational skills to prioritize tasks and meet multiple and conflicting deadlines which demonstrating a high degree of accuracy
- The ability to travel may be required
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.