Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates communities and industry - but also to our employees. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace. You may apply to work at Georgian for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
- Planning, implementation, maintenance, administration of all compensation and benefits
- Communicating trends, legislation changes, and other relevant related data on a timely basis to the management team and when appropriate, recommend a course of action to effectively manage the same
- Overseeing the implementation of mass changes and develops communications for Administrators and employees regarding changes to salary or wages
- Determining the scope of HRIS systems by consulting with management to ascertain organizational needs for the HR related information
- Researching opportunities for continuous improvement whether that be system enhancements and upgrades or exploring new vendors
- Developing communications strategies and material to create clarity and understanding around HR systems
- Defining and implementing human resources processes and procedures for the collection and maintenance of applicant and employee record data
- Analyzing data and managing employee data input into the College’s database system of record
- Overseeing payroll production and benefits/pension administration
- Providing direction/support to HR staff who administer the College’s short-term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD) plans
- Working with the Human Resource Consultants and Vice President, Human Resources as well as the senior management team in planning/developing initiatives and programs
- Communicating programs and initiatives to the College community and provides any training or information required in written materials or workshop format
- Managing payroll, compensation and HRIS team to ensure all areas are supported and that high quality customer service standards are met
- Successfully completed a postsecondary education in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to business or human resources
- Human Resources or payroll designation preferred
- A minimum of 7 years’ progressive experience in HR with a broad base in HR, payroll, pension and benefits
- Experience with implementing HRIS; preferably PeopleSoft.
- Experience communicating payroll/benefits/pension/HRIS information to non-experts
- Experience developing programs related to payroll/benefits/pension
- Experience developing communication plans for broad organizational issues
- Demonstrated experience with effectively managing both human and financial resources
- Experience leading and managing projects
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Sound judgement and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.